Are you culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing and need access to your part-time post-secondary education? CHS provides sign language interpreters, computerized notetakers, and/or assistive listening devices to provide students with an equal opportunity for academic success.
What Support Is Provided?
We provide the following for your classes:
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Computerized Notetakers
- Assistive Listening Devices
How Do I Get Support?
- Go to your college or university and register for the part-time course you want.
- Take your receipt from the Registrar's office and bring it to the Office for Students with Disabilities.
- Meet with a counsellor to discuss the support services you need.
- The counsellor will determine eligibility for ESS. If eligible, you and the counsellor must complete and sign the ESS application form.
- The application form can be mailed or hand delivered.