Assisting seniors to stay connected.
Are you aged 55 or older and having trouble adapting to your hearing loss? Our counsellors provide home visits, education, and demonstrations and recommendations of communication devices. We can help you stay safely and independently at home, improve communication with family and friends and help you stay involved in your favourite activities.
Priority is given to people 55 years and older. Younger adults with other disabilities as well as hearing loss, requiring home-based services are also eligible.
What Services Are Provided?
We will come to your home or residence to provide information and counselling to you, your family and other caregivers on issues related to coping with hearing loss such as:
- Understanding your hearing loss
- Use, care and maintenance of hearing aids and other listening systems
- Managing difficult listening situations
- Selecting specialized communication equipment, ie. telephones, alarm clocks, television accessories
- Referrals to other community services
We offer education and training to consumers, family members, caregivers and the general public including:
- Family support and communication training
- In-Service Training to home-support providers
- Hearing Health Care Clinics
- Presentations/Community displays
- Hearing Help Classes
- Self-help and support groups
We provide information, demonstration and assistance with:
- Assistive Listening Devices (Personal FM and Infrared systems)
- Specialized telephones: amplified, Voice Carry Over (VCO) and TTYs
- Alerting devices