Charitable Gift Annuities offer you a way to receive income for life and support The Canadian Hearing Society. A charitable gift annuity may be a good investment for you to consider if you fit the following profile:
- You are over age 65
- You would like to support CHS now or upon your death or at the death of your spouse
- You are in need of the income while you are alive
- The interest on the majority of your investments is fully taxable
- You are looking for an alternative to GICs
How It Works
Charitable Gift Annuities are investment vehicles that offer the same income security as GICs, but with better cash flow.
If you make an irrevocable gift of capital to The Canadian Hearing Society for a gift plus annuity, part of the funds becomes a gift to CHS for which you receive an immediate tax receipt. The gift portion will be determined by you and CHS, but must be a minimum of 20%. The remaining funds are used by CHS to purchase you an annuity from a top-rated insurance company.
You will receive guaranteed income for life.
How You Benefit from a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Guaranteed income for life
- Charitable tax receipt for the gift portion
- The annual income you receive from the annuity can be all, or largely, tax-free
- You will see your gift in action in CHS programs during your lifetime
- Avoid probate fees as the annuity is outside your Estate
To receive a personalized quote from CHS with no obligation, please complete the Personalized Request To Quote Form or contact the Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving.