|Date:||February 22, 2011
|Position:||IT Specialist – Videoconference Operations (Two Positions Available)
|Location:||Toronto – Head Office, Department of Information Technology
|Start Date:||April 1, 2011
|Minimum Start Salary:||$37,223 per annum; Under Review ($46,528 per annum pro-rated to 80%)|
Permanent; Part-time; 28 hours per week;
Hours to be negotiated.
The IT Specialist provides a range of services related to CHS’ videoconferencing product and customer service for the portfolio, cognizant of ongoing advancements and changing organizational priorities and needs.
NATURE OF THE POSITION:
This position functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of 4 IT Specialists each with their own portfolio. Pursuant to Risk Management and disaster recovery, each specialist will from time to time provide services under another portfolio depending on priorities and conditions as identified/directed by the IT Director.
• Responsible for day-to-day technical monitoring, administration, setup, back up, support and update of the video conferencing multi-server network within the society; and the provincial video conference system, various provincial communication systems, related IT hardware and other technology initiatives.
• Regular monitoring of the videoconferencing network to ensure optimal service
• Back up to all other IT Specialists and their portfolios
• Set up computer workstations on the CHS network, providing training for users on standard office applications (Microsoft Office, Nextalk, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Flash Player, Oracle Calendar, AVG Anti-Virus, Web-cams)
• Installation of specialized software (MAS 200, AbleMed, InSync) on designated workstations
• Provide training, support and consultation to workstation users on office applications (MS Office, E-mail, Nextalk)
• Perform troubleshooting, configuration, upgrading for all users computers in the organization. i.e. removing viruses, spywares, updating operating systems and other program updates.
• Upgrade hardware i.e. memory card, hard drives, and video cards
• Connect the regional offices via VNC for troubleshooting and software set-ups
• Provide assistance in connecting BlackBerries and other Cell phones to NTS
• Perform troubleshooting, configuration, set up, back-up and upgrade servers, computer workstations and applications
• Set-up, customize and configure servers in accordance to portfolio
• Conduct cost and traffic analyses to report on and to make recommendations about the best use of resources
• Train staff members in the use of Videoconference and Communication systems
• Plan and execute provincial videoconference and communication system installations and upgrades
• Respond to day-to-day user queries regarding operating systems, network and application performance concerns
• Maintain directory services for network servers
• Monitor all routine network operations, security and related equipment according to CHS standards
• Monitor the videoconferencing HelpDesk support services (videoconferencing applications, network and videoconferencing hardware)
• Monitor routine operations of systems for QoS and provide support services to CHS offices through various communication systems.
• Perform site analysis, makes recommendations and installs video conference systems for all CHS offices
• Provides external consulting and support services as contracted
• Provide after hours and weekend technical support for videoconference calls
• Liaise with managers’ agency-wide to provide videoconference expertise
• Connect remotely to update internal website, NexTalk and email due to inclement weather, etc., as instructed
• Other duties as assigned
• Conduct research on products, services and cost-effective solutions
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware and software for systems
• Monitor and observe all CHS IT standards implemented in software and hardware.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning
• Update the inventory of all hardware, software and related equipment for the entire organization via Google Docs or as directed by IT Operations Manager
• Assist IT Operations Manager and Director with organizational and system upgrades
• Meet with IT manager and staff for new year plan i.e. upgrading hardware, software, any changes in technology
• Assist in maintenance of VOIP Telephony Systems
• Plan tasks for others to meet project deadlines, set priorities based on user/manager needs
• Participate in community events and special events as required, e.g. May Month, United Way Campaigns, etc.
• Assist manager in preparation of other projects as required
• Attend internal regional and provincial meetings
• Attend external exploratory and planning meetings
• Participate in workshops, seminars and continuing education courses related to the position
• Keep updated on issues and information on agency activities and needs as they relate to existing and emerging technologies
• Achieve and maintain the ASL Proficiency requirement for the position (Advanced Plus)
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reports to the Operations Manager, Information Technology
• Bachelor of Information Technology (4 years university) or equivalent
• 3-5 years related work experience with different operating systems (Windows, Linux)
• Knowledge of telecommunication system and firewall network security
• Working with the vendors NXI, Dell, Bell, Primus, Vidsoft and Allstream
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) or willingness to learn; French and LSQ are assets
• Some travel e.g. visiting regional offices in Ontario, Disaster Recovery Server Site (Oshawa)
• Two shifts available to cover the service hours of 8 AM to 8 PM Monday to Thursday and 10 AM to 5 PM Fridays; some out of hours or weekends work is required e.g. flex time or dealing with IT emergencies.
• Lifting, setting up and shipping computer equipment; small tools
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment
Date (Internal)* – March 2, 2011
|SEND RESUME TO:||Subject:
Competition # 2011-019
The Canadian Hearing Society
|Please email your resume as a MS Word attachment or paste the resume into the body of the email. Remember to put the competition number in the subject line. Thank you for your application.|
HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF,
DEAFENED, AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS
|< Précédent||Suivant >|